Tuesday, March 18, 2014

21 Day Fix Round Two: Meal Prep


21 Day Fix Meal Prep

21 day fix portion control, 21 day fix menu plan, success story, 21 day fix, weight loss
 If you have read my blogs before or Follow me on facebook/instagram you know I love Meal Prepping. I would suggest it to anyone and everyone. Especially those trying to clean up their diet and typically eat fast food AND to those that are always using "busy" as an excuse.

I have been meal prepping for about 5 months, and the last month and a half with 21 day fix. 21 day fix basically just helped along my meal prep and made sure I was eating enough of all the food groups which I wasn't. I didn't have enough vegetables or carbs in my diet before 21 day fix.

  Meal Plan

Every weekend I sit down with my 21 day Fix Eating Plan book and I plan out my meals. I am all about simple, easy and cheap so I make the same 5-6 meals every day for a week. People always ask if I get stick of eating the same things, honestly I don't. When I cooked before going to the Eat Clean Diet I always cooked the same things and if I ate out I ate at the same places and ordered the same things. I like what I like and when I really like it I'll eat it a lot. But for those that don't like to eat like this, you can still switch it up and make different stuff for each day or make different variations. I typically try to make things I am excited about eating that helps keep me eating my prep and helps not get sick of eating the same meals each day. 
 
  Breakfast I usually have shakeology because it's simple and quick and that way I ensure I DON'T skip breakfast. My favorite snacks for the day are Oats or Yogurt with fruit or frozen grapes! I usually have Stir Fry EVERY week. It is my absolute FAVORITE meal to eat and I never get tired of eating it. I mix it up by changing what meat I use each week between Chicken, Pork, and Lean Beef. I love Turkey burgers as well but I did just discover the AWESOMENESS of homemade fries!! :)

Meal Prep

It usually takes me about 3 hours to cook and package all my food for the week. I don't make EVERYTHING but I do make most of my meals. I cut up all my fruits and make my lunches and dinners. Shakeology shake and oats I make the day of but those literally take a few mins to make. I can take my meals on the go when I need to and I hate cooking so when Im not in the mood to cook it doesnt lead to me eating out because I have a healthy meal in the fridge that I can microwave for 2 mins and its ready to be eaten. 
I Challenge EVERYONE to try this and I promise you'll love it. Even if you batch cook a few meals for dinners and pack lunches for the day. It saves so much time in your week and makes eating healthy a NO brainer!
 

 

 





0 comments:

Post a Comment